The Kwantlen Polytechnic University School of Design is a new stand-alone building being constructed adjacent to the existing Kwantlen Polytechnic University Building on the Richmond Campus. A corridor connects the two buildings, which are otherwise independent of each other.
The project consists of a purpose-built facility that will provide teaching, learning and applied research through studio-based design education.
Sustainable design elements and Energy conservation measures include:
• Location in a dense urban environment;
• Extensive alternative transport options with good walkability;
• Access to large areas of open space;
• Low emitting materials and air quality monitoring.
• High-performance building envelope;
• Low Lighting Power Density throughout the building;
• Energy-efficient HVAC
KPU Wilson School of Design
- Location Richmond, BC
- Size 60,000 sf
- Completed 2018
- Developer/Client Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Architects Public Architecture
- Our Roles LEED Project Management
- Green Building Certification Status LEED-NC Gold Certified