Cactus Club Café is a 576 m2 2-storey restaurant set at 1790 Beach Avenue, near the corner of Denman and Davie Streets. Situated along Vancouver’s English Bay beachfront – the busiest beachfront in Vancouver – it is at the heart of the richly diverse West End district. The Café replaces the existing Park Board concession stand, and has been designed to target LEED-NC Gold (certification pending).
Some green building features include:
- passive cooling through natural ventilation and roof overhangs
- rainwater harvesting for irrigation
- low flush plumbing fixtures (dual-flush toilets & waterless urinals)
- composting program for kitchen waste
- Green Table program certified
- Ocean Wise fish conservation program.
Cactus Club Cafe (English Bay)
- Location Vancouver, BC
- Size 6,200 sf
- Completed 2012
- Developer/Client Cactus Club Restaurants
- Our Role Sustainability Consultant
- Green Building Certification Status LEED-NC Gold Certified