- Role Principal, Chairman of the Board, & Senior Green Building Strategist
- Phone 604.669.4940 ext.204
- Email Eesmyal at recollective.ca
Eesmyal has over ten years experience in the field of sustainable design. His building industry experience includes office, institutional, laboratories, residential, mixed-use, and heath care facilities. Eesmyal was a LEED project reviewer for the Canada Green Building Council and has played a leading or support role on over 100 LEED projects. He is very active in the Vancouver green building community and has served on several committees and initiatives. In addition to his green building background, Eesmyal spent several years working for environmental organizations in the fields of renewable energy research and climate change education.
His passion for social entrepreneurialism drove him to cofound and direct three successful social enterprise non-profits that focus on creativity, sustainability and collaboration:
- HiVE Vancouver Society, a 9,000 square foot coworking space for the social enterprise change-maker community located at 128 West Hastings, Vancouver – the home of Recollective and nearly 150 other businesses.
- Open Green Building Society, an NGO dedicated to the creation and advancement of open-source green building resources. The organization’s main projects the Green Building Brain and Green Building Audio Tours.
- Vancouver Design Nerds Society, an award-winning network of collaborating designers and artists who challenge urban design opportunities with a spirit of intense creative play.