We have the following job posting available:
Green Building Strategist
The primary focus of this position is to manage Multi-Unit Residential, Commercial, Institutional and Industrial projects that have identified sustainability targets such as StepCode, LEED and Passive House.
- Manage multiple green building projects and provide clients and project teams with sustainable design advice and strategies to cost-effectively achieve various green building goals
- Work with project teams to manage and complete StepCode, LEED and Passive House project documentation and submissions
- Manage scope and budget of projects in charge of
- Prepare draft reports and presentations that communicate green building performance results
- Support business development team with feedback on proposals and contract changes
- Research green building strategies
- Liaise with green building certification bodies (GBCI, PHI)
- Support senior staff in facilitating design workshops and Integrated Design Process
- Support in the development and delivery of education and training programs for building professionals
- Assist with various aspects of operations as needed.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Studied in one of the following fields: architecture, mechanical/electrical/civil engineering, planning, landscape architecture, construction management, building science, development management, computer science, or other related education
- LEED GA/AP and/or CPHC/CPHD credentials
- Understanding and some experience with LEED / Passive House related projects
- Project management experience related to the green building industry or construction industry
- Experience managing scopes and budgets
- Experience with MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and ability to organize/ prioritize, and multi-task
- Excellent project management skills (quality work on time and on budget)
- Prioritizes tasks appropriately
- Proficiency in chairing meetings and taking minutes
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Able to create and prepare green building documentation
- Keeping abreast of building industry trends, including green building technologies and strategies
- Commitment to environmental responsibility and social equity.